The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, September 7th, 2021 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting. The meeting was recorded by Pantera Północy, and the video is embedded at the end of this summary. Note this summary focuses on the key points of the meeting, where there is something to report; the video video should be referred to should full details of the meeting wish to be reviewed.
At the time of writing, the server deployment thread had not been published.
- Tuesday, September 7th: no deployment to the Main SLS channel.
- Wednesday, September 8th should she all of the the remaining simhost on the SLS RC channels (Magnum, BlueSteel, Le Tigre and Ferrari) moved to the new AWS server configuration as mentioned here, which will cause some incidental changes to how mesh land impact is calculated, but the primary change will be a small but noticeable bump in speed for most regions.
- The new configuration can also cause a slight variation on floating point rounding that can show up in Land Impact calculations under rare circumstances. However, LL believes the impact is going to be so limited, it’s unlikely most people will notice.
- In addition, RC Ferrari may get an update to the simulator configuration, if cleared by QA.
Monty Linden is also going to attempt a fresh deployment of the new HTTP-out proxies. The original deployment in late August went sideways very quickly. The hope is that this deployment will go a lot smoother. HTTP listeners are not changed by this update.
No updates to the current batch of official viewers to mark the start of the week, leaving the current pipelines as follows:
- Release viewer: version version 220.127.116.111752, formerly the CEF Update RC viewer, issued July 24 and promoted August 10.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1683579, issued September 3 – overview here.
- Performance Floater project viewer, version 22.214.171.1242625, issued September 2 – overview here.
- Mesh Optimizer project viewer, version 126.96.36.1992614, issued September 1.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 188.8.131.520519, dated October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 184.108.40.2063365, dated December 9, 2019.
- Work is still progressing on the tools update.
- The majority of the meeting involved a general discussion (largely among users present) as to the merits of providing support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and animated gifs; the cloning of regions, a concern that the lack of defragmentation in the KVP (experiences) database might lead to issues for those reaching the limits of their allowed space (to be investigated), and a texture issue apparently specific to a single Skill Gaming region (referred to support). As this discussion did not yield definitive news / options for action / response by the Lab, please refer to the video below for further information.