The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, March 9th, 2021 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting.
Please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest news and updates.
- Tuesday, March 9th saw the servers on the SLS Main channel updated to server release 556255, containing “some internal tweaks related to launching region”.
- There are no planned RC channel deployments scheduled for Wednesday, March 10th.
There have been no updates to the current pipeline of official viewers at the start of the week, leaving them as follows:
- Current release viewer: version 184.108.40.2065567 (Jelly Doll improvements) originally promoted February 17th, and re-established as the default viewer following the rollback of the Simple Cache viewer.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Custom Key Mappings project viewer, version 220.127.116.116098, March 4.
- Maintenance RC viewer – Eau de Vie, version 18.104.22.1686149, released March 4.
- Love Me Render (LMR) 5 project viewer, version 22.214.171.1246118, February, 23, 2021.
- Project viewers:
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1990519, October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 188.8.131.523365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 184.108.40.2062999, November 22, 2019.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 220.127.116.119111, July 16, 2019.
A simulator version currently in QA at the Lab has some region crossing changes in it. It is hoped the updates will take some of the load off of agents trying to enter crowded regions. The engineering team also intend to look at the protocol for moving an agent from region to another; however, this is viewed as “a much larger project” that has yet to be started.
- Group chat is being tweaked. It is hoped that an update will be ready for deployment Soon™.
- Map tiles continue to be worked on, but not fully fixed. However, some updates to the World Map are being seen.
- HTTP 5xx errors: some with internal services reliant on external web pages for data have been seeing an uptick in 5xx HTTP errors (see BUG-229660 and BUG-230059 as examples). Some this may be more directly related to the external service hosting the web pages (Cloudflare), while some are apparently seeing 503 errors when regions are down (rather than 404s), but are seeing recoveries once the region is back.
- BUG-229871 TP issues: some people are experiencing teleport issues whereby they cannot teleport back to any region they’ve previously successfully teleported to previously in the same session, but are disconnected. This is being investigated. It has been suggested by some users the issue might be related to a past similar issue that was the result of a local firewall or router setting issue.