The following notes are taken from the TPV Developer meeting held on February 21st, 2020. No video this time around, as Pantera was unable to attend, so the notes are taken from my audio recording of the meeting.
SL Viewer News
- The Yorsh Maintenance RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1995996 and dated February 7th, was updated to de facto release status on Thursday, February 20th.
The remainder of the current SL viewer pipelines are as follows:
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 188.8.131.523365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 184.108.40.2062999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 220.127.116.110836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1689111, July 16, 2019.
General Viewer Notes
- The next potential view promotion to release status is seen as being EEP, with Vir indicating that LL do not plan to promote any other viewer prior to EEP, unless there is a significant blocker.
- After EEP, the next likely candidate for promotion is currently the Lover Me Render viewer.
- The new Premium Plus subscription viewer-side code updates will soon be appearing in an RC. This is a set of log-in code changes required for easier management of values, etc., set for different Premium levels. At this point, the code will not interfere with anything.
- The Camera Presets RC viewer is having some additional UI work done as a result of it experiencing a higher than average crash rate.
EEP Status and Deployment
As per Ebbe Altberg’s comments during the Lab Gab session of February 21st (see: for the video and a bullet-point summary), and the notes above, EEP will be moving to official release status very soon. With it comes notice from the Lab – with apologies – that:
- It is no longer a goal with EEP to make all environments across Second Life appear *exactly* as they do under Windlight.
- Because of this, some content may look different under EEP lighting than it does under Windlight.
- This means some region designers and some content creators may have to make adjustments to their region environments / their content for optimal viewing with EEP.
- There will be some known issues with EEP when it is released, but the belief is that these will be minor.
- There will be fixes for rendering issues following EEP, mostly likely through the Love Me Render project.
- If there are what LL consider to be “significant” breakages, then effort will be made to address these.
Ebbe’s comment on EEP can by heard between 44:10 and 46:45 in the official video of the Lab Gab session.
- BUG-228227: “Avatar face darkens when sitting on an object” – this is a lighting-related issue that appears to have been introduced with viewer release 22.214.171.1245003 (formerly the Xanté RC viewer). It is a known issue and a fix should be appearing in the next maintenance viewer which should hopefully resolve the majority of these issues.
- BUG-227179 – “All offline inventory offers from scripted objects are STILL lost” – remains an issue, but an internal request has been made to raise the priority so that investigation and resolution might move forward sooner rather than later.
- It is hoped that the viewer caching work will reach project viewer status fairly soon.
- There is a known issue of the viewer release pages and index not updating correctly to reflect the current status of viewers (e.g. at the time of writing, 126.96.36.1995003 is still listed as the default release viewer, when in fact it is 188.8.131.525996).