Updates, November 20th, 2019:
- Regarding BUG-227179 “All off-line inventory offers from scripted objects are STILL lost”. As per the notes below, this was believed fixed in the Wassail RC viewer. Testing has confirmed the issue hasn’t been fixed, and can be more confusing – see BUG-227901.
- Following the discussion about the error message, “Wire Chewed By Rabbit”, April Linden offered the following explanation via the forums:
/me raises her paw!
Soooo, uh, I was working on some server code a few years ago, and figured “no one’s gonna see this anyhow, so I’m gonna have some fun with it!” hehehe. 😝
You never know where the GridBuns might be lurking…!
Although she admits why the error surfaced with regards to Singularity is a bit of a mystery.
Please refer to the server deployment thread for news and updates:
- There was no update to the Main SLS channel on Tuesday, November 19th, leaving it on server release 2019-11-01T18:02:37.532376, previously deployed to an RC and comprising: internal script improvements. internal logging changes and improvements to simulator state saves, which should make rolls smoother.
- On Wednesday, November 20th, there will be a maintenance update to RC servers: 2019-11-15T21:13:13.532828, comprising:
- Improves crash detection during shut-down
- Fixes some race conditions with LSL scripts that could cause them to handle the same event more than once during a roll.
- Includes updates to improve simulator security.
An SLS deployment had been planned for the Main channel, however, at the meeting, Simon Linden noted:
We didn’t have an update this morning as we found an issue preventing the RC code from going forward. It isn’t anything visible or buggy from your point of view, but was about some internal data routing. To be on the safe side, we decided to get that sorted out first.
There have been no updates to the current SL viewer pipelines, leaving them as follows:
- Current Release version 126.96.36.1992299, formerly the Ordered Shutdown RC viewer, dated November 4, – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 188.8.131.522780, November 15.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 184.108.40.2061949, October 28.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 220.127.116.110836, September 17. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1689111, July 16.
- Simulator Deployments Causing Script Issues? -There have been reports that recent simulator deployments are causing running scripts to be reset when regions come back up, rather than being restored to their previous state. Potential issues linked to this – impacting breedables – are indicated as being BUG-227688 and BUG-227897. As far as the Lab is aware, there have been no back-end changes that would cause such script issues.
- BUG-227179 “All off-line inventory offers from scripted objects are STILL lost” – it is believed that a fix for this is in the Wassail release candidate viewer (if not recorded in the release notes) – tests are being made to verify whether this is the case or not.
- Error message: “Wire Chewed By Rabbit” in log files following log-in with missing textures / time-outs – this appears to be an issue specific to the Singularity viewer, and believed fixed in the most recent nightly / alpha / beta builds. If you are on Singularity and encounter it when examining your viewer log files as a result of texture load issues, please file a report with the Singularity team.