Server Deployments Week #48
- There was no deployment on the Main (SLS) channel on Tuesday, November 28th, leaving servers running simulator version 17#184.108.40.2060664.
- On Wednesday, November 29th, the three RC channels should be updated with a new server maintenance package 17#220.127.116.110835, comprising:
- IMs sent to an off-line resident will only be sent to verified email addresses.
- Internal Changes to Outgoing Emails.
The RC server deployment sees a further step in the Lab’s plan to reduce the volume of e-mail traffic it generates by only sending e-mails to those addresses Second Life users have actually verified as being valid with Linden Lab (see Making Email From Second Life (More) Reliable).
With this deployment, and if you have not verified your preferred SL-related e-mail address with Linden Lab, you will no longer receive off-line IMs as e-mails sent from users on any regions using the RC channels. Further, once this change is deployed to the Main (SLS) channel, you will no longer receive off-line IMs as e-mails at all until such time as you have verified your SL-related e-mail address with the Lab.
So, if you haven’t already done so, ad wish to continue receiving off-line IMs as e-mails from wherever they originate in-world, make sure you have verified the e-mail address recorded in your viewer with Linden Lab. Should you require detailed instructions on how to do this, please refer to my blog post Important: verifying your e-mail address with Second life.
There have been no SL viewer updates thus far, leaving the current viewer pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 18.104.22.1689115, dated September 22, promoted October 13 – formerly the “Moonshine” Maintenance RC.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Obsolete platform viewer version 22.214.171.1240847, dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.