It’s time to kick-off another great week of storytelling live in voice with Seanchai Library – and this week it’s a special week, with the return of a seasonal favourite: The Dickens Project SL.
Now in its fifth season, and as I’ve previewed, the project this year is hosted by Kultivate Magazine at their Water Haven headquarters. Every day this coming week, members of the Library and their friends will offers twice daily readings of the story, generally a stave at a time, live in voice, in surroundings created specially to evoke the settings and feeling of Charles Dickens’ most popular story. Supporting it will be a host of additional activities, with everything culminating on Sunday, December 18th with a marathon reading of the entire novel!
The Dickens Project SL is a unique festival and presentation by Seanchai Library, so take a note of the times below and be sure to hop over to Water Haven and partake of the story, the settings and the fun!
Sunday, December 11th – Stories & Carols
- 11:00: “Dickens’ Shorts” (Stories that is) with Trolley Trollop
- 12:30: The Raglan Shire Tiny Carolers – WOOTMAS!
- 13:00: Any Friend of Nicholas Nickleby’s is a Friend of Mine John Morland reads Ray Bradbury’s short story featuring… “Charles Dickens”
- 14:00: More from the Pages of Charles Dickens- Short Selections with Dubhna Rhiadra and Caledonia Skytower
- 15:00: A Pickwick Holiday, Bryn Taleweaver shares a festive selection from The Pickwick Papers
Monday, December 12th – Stave One: “Marley’s Ghost”
- 13:00: VT Torvalar
- 19:00: Kayden Oconnell
Tuesday, December 13th – Stave Two: “The First of Three Spirits”
- 14:00: Bryn Taleweaver and Caledonia Skytower
- 19:00: Faerie Maven-Pralou, and Corwyn Allen
Wednesday, December 14th – Stave Three: “The Second of Three Spirits”
- 13:00: Eleseren Brianna
- 19:00: Aoife Lorefield
Thursday, December 15th – Stave Four: “The Last of the Spirits”
- 13:00: Hanna Hoo and Caledonia Skytower
- 19:00: Shandon Loring (also presenting Stave Five: “The End of It”)
Friday, December 16th
- 12:00 noon: MORE DICKENS! A ghost story and a novel selection with VT Torvalar
- 15:00: Part of Stave Four, & Stave Five“The End of It” – Dubhna Rhiadra and Caledonia Skytower
Saturday, December 17th
- 11:00: Tour of the Resource Centre and the Story Behind A Christmas Carol at the Community Virtual Library
- TBA: Fezziwig’s Ball
Sunday, December 18th – The Finale: THE BIG READ
- 11:00: Traditional Dances and Music with Wald Schridde – live in Christmas Present Square.
- 12:00 noon: A CHRISTMAS CAROL – All the words of every stave presented all at once by a cast of voices, presenting in relay. Est 3.5 hours. Live in Christmas Present Square.
All readings and events take place at Water Haven, and all times are SLT. Note that individual programme items may be subject to change or update, so please check with The Dickens Project SL web page for up-to-date information as the week progresses. Donations offered during the festival will be accepted on behalf of Team diabetes of Second Life, in support of the American Diabetes Association.