Friday, May 6th saw the third in the Lab Chat series take place in-world, featuring guests Oz Linden, the Director of Second Life Engineering, Troy Linden, a Senior Producer of Second Life and of course, Linden Lab CEO, Ebbe Altberg, in his alter-ego of Ebbe Linden.
The session focused on a mix of questions submitted to an official forum thread ahead of the event, and questions taken directly from the audience, and this transcripts offers a breakdown of the questions asked and answers given.
Please note that in places the audio presented has been edited to remove asides, repetition or removed inaudible elements, and so may differ in length and content to the official recordings made of the session. However, no attempt has been made to alter the content or context of the answers supplied by Ebbe, Oz and Troy.
For ease of reference, the session has been split into two parts, and the following Quick links will take readers to any specific topics of interest to them, and further topics can be navigated to by either returning to this page, or using the Quick Links summaries provided within the Bento / Second Life and Project Sansar pages.
- Project Bento
- Second Life
- Tools for Managing Inventory
- New Social Islands
- Second Life Gift Cards
- Viewer Photography Tools
- Sound File Length and Animation File Size
- Texureable Object Faces
- Region Buy-down And Mainland Incentives
- Vehicles, Bandwidth and Throttling
- RLV and the Official Viewer
- Second Life Experiences
- Search – Experiences, Marketplace & In-world
- Marketplace Listing Enhancement Issues
- Allowing More Estate Managers
- Reporting Group Spamners
- Lab Staff Using SL
- Vulkan Graphics Support for SL
- Linden Realms Updates
- Project Sansar
- How Many Avatars Will a Single Instance of Sansar Support?
- Graphics Requirements
- NPCs in Sansar
- Functionality and Capabilities in Sansar
- Sansar Terms of Service
- Names and Identity in Sansar
- Acceptance into Creator Preview
- Sansar Payment Options
- Cost of Owning Space in Sansar
- Mac Users and Sansar