Updates for the week ending: Sunday, September 13th
This summary is published every Monday, and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Current Viewer Releases Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware), and which are recognised as adhering to the TPV Policy. This page includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog
- By its nature, this summary presented here will always be in arrears, please refer to the Current Viewer Release Page for more up-to-date information.
Official LL Viewers
- Current Release version: 126.96.36.1994115 August 18th – no change – download page, release notes
- Release channel cohorts (See my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- No updates.
- Project viewers:
- Quick Graphics project viewer updated to version 188.8.131.524916, on September 10th – provides the new Avatar Complexity options and the new graphics preset capabilities for setting, saving and restoring graphic settings for use in difference environments / circumstances (download and release notes)
- Project (HTTP updates) project viewer version 184.108.40.2064871 released on September 8th – provides improved performance and stability. Impacts include: asset uploads, AISv3 inventory manipulation, VVM, Experience management, LSL compilation, Simhost event polling, etc. (download and release notes)
LL Viewer Resources
- SL Alternate Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer Source Repositories wiki page – LL
- Test Builds wiki page – LL
- Supported Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer updates and reviews on this blog
- No updates.
- Cool VL Viewer Stable branch updated to version 220.127.116.11 and the Experimental branch updated to version 18.104.22.168, both on September 12 (release notes)
Mobile / Other Clients
- Pocket Metaverse updated to version 1.9.4. on September 8 – core updates: iOS 9 compatibility