UKanDo, Kokua and the Restrained Love Viewer (RLV) have all seen recent updates in April 2015, bringing them up-to-par with the Lab’s 3.7.27 code base, which features the most recent maintenance updates from the Lab. In the case of UKanDo and Kokua, this means that Avatar Hover Height (AHH) is now available in the viewers, while RLV sees a couple of tweaks to AHH.
Core updates to the three viewers are summarised below.
UKanDo updated to version 22.214.171.124099 on April 16th. As well as incorporating AHH and the maintenance updates from the Lab, this release also brought with it:
An update to RLV release 2.9.8
- Complete disabling of the Develop menu option allowing people to turn off HTTP Inventory loading. This is to ensure people do not encounter issues with avatar and / or inventory loading as a result of the Lab removing UDP inventory messaging support for the simulator code – see my notes on this for further information
- The addition of a new debug setting, EnvironmentPersistAcrossLogin. When set to True, will to counter MAINT-2477 Feature Request – Sun position override should not persist across logins
- The ability to toggle the Paste As Link option in the Inventory right-click context menu on or off, according to your personal preference (Preferences > General > Inventory Show ‘Paste As Link’ Option
- A change to allow copy of worm items – So links for worn items can be created
- Don’t show inventory item links or folder links in Recent Tab.
Kokua updated to version 126.96.36.199441 on April 23rd. As well as incorporating AHH and the maintenance updates from the Lab, this release also brought with it:
The most recent RLV 2.9.9 updates
- Fixes for:
- In-world Flash playback issues on Linux – Ticket #333
- Fix to top bar Draw Distance slider showing distance – Ticket #338
- Upload fee not reflected on menus for OpenSim – Ticket #340
- “compile as mono” option does not work – Ticket #342
- File -> Upload -> Set Default Upload Permissions does nothing – Ticket #344
- Changing the grid-selection option in preferences crashes viewer – Ticket #346
- Determine correct webkit libraries that need delivered with the Linux version of the viewer – Ticket #347
- Kokua 188.8.131.52845.x86_64 Linux Fails to start – Ticket #348
- Chat history compact mode does not convert the Avatar Name in OpenSim – Ticket #351
Issues and feature requests can also be found in the release notes.
RLV updated to version 2.9.8 on April 8th and then to version 2.9.9 on April 21st. The 2.9.8 release saw the existing avatar height slider in the RLV top bar tied to the Lab’s new Avatar Hover Height functionality, so that using either the top slider or Avatar Hover Height from the Avatar right-context menu will use the same code and result in the same adjustments.
In addition, the 2.9.8 update saw a tweak the viewer so that HTTP Inventory is enabled by default in the viewer, again in line with the Lab’s recent move to deprecate the UDP messaging for inventory loading server-side. As RLV previously had HTTP Inventory disabled by default, this meant RLV users were no longer seeing their own avatars render in-world, and could lead them to experiencing inventory load issues as well (see my nots, linked-to in the UKanDo section above for further information). The release also saw some nips and tucks to RLV functionality.
Version 2.9.9 added a small fix to the linked AHH functionality and incorporates the Lab’s 3.7.27 maintenance release updates, as noted at the top of this article.