From the SL10B Community Celebration Event Team
It’s that time of year when we celebrate the anniversary of Second Life – and this year, the tenth anniversary of the founding of Second Life, will be very special.
This year we will have 20 sims for builds and stages and fun and freebies, and we invite you to be part of the festivities.
The theme of the Celebration will be: Looking Forward, Looking Back.
Key Dates for Your Calendar
- April 15 Volunteer/Performer, Exhibitor Applications open
- May 20 Volunteer/Performer, Exhibitor Applications close
- May 27 Sims open to builders
- June 16 Grand Opening
- June 23 Official Birthday day and final day of performances
- June 29 Sims close to the public
- July 1 All builds to be dismantled – sims go offline
Many of your classic favourites will be back. There will be a cake. There will be a main stage, and other stage venues. There will be gifts to take away – which may well include a (non-Linden) souvenir bear. There will be an auditorium for talks and presentations. And finally, there will be a time capsule into which you can put your past year’s best creations.
How YOU Can be a part of the Celebration
- You can volunteer to create your own celebratory plot, as Exhibitors are invited to show off their community and its special nature to others
- You might prefer to join the team of Hosts welcoming all the visitors and handing out gifts, helping find locations, mentoring any newcomers who might need extra help and making the party happen.
- Maybe you’d rather join the rock concert atmosphere and be a Stage Manager or you are a DJ or Live Performer and would like to share your talent from one of our stages. Or perhaps you want to share your passion and knowledge as a Presenter through a lecture or roundtable discussion in our Auditorium.
- Others of you might be interested in Security or Public Relations. We’re looking for your energetic participation in all of these roles.
You are invited to sign up for one or more of these areas (yes, you can volunteer for everything if you like). Orientation and Training will be provided for many of the roles. Expect that some time will be required prior to the event for that purpose.
Make Sure You Stay Informed
- Check the Celebration website for updates on specific aspects of the Celebration preparations
- Read the Celebration blog for all the latest news!
- You can also follow us through various social media:
We also have an information group inworld – “The SLB Community” (without the “”) it’s free to join so sign up inworld to hear announcements there before you hear them anywhere else.
SL10B on Designing Worlds 14:00 SLT, March 25th
You can see more information about the Community Celebration on the Designing Worlds TV show at 2pm SLT on Monday 25th March – watch it at: http://treet.tv/shows/designingworlds/episodes/sl10b-launch or http://youtu.be/POfi8sOZzvg (it will go live at 2pm SLT).
Meanwhile, the Boys in The Back Room are Already Planning…