The following summary notes were taken from the Tuesday, June 21st, 2022 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting. It forms a summary of the items discussed and is not intended to be a full transcript. A video of the entire meeting is embedded at the end of the article for those wishing to review the meeting in full – my thanks to Pantera for recording it.
Note: little discussed, as this was the summer solstice Party.
For the latest updates and news, please refer to the simulator release thread in the forums.
- On Tuesday, June 21st, the SLS Main and Event channel servers were restarted with no deployment.
- On Wednesday, June 22nd, the RC channels will be updated to simulator release 572665, containing fixes for cases where llRequest*Data would return incorrect result; also, llGetVisualParams() now accepts hand_size as a parameter.
Available Official Viewers
There have been no official viewer updates at the start of the week, leaving the current crop as:
- Release viewer: version 126.96.36.1991939 – formerly the Performance Improvements viewer, dated May 25th – no change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself).
- Nomayo Maintenance RC (Maintenance N) viewer, version 188.8.131.522179, June 1.
- Makgeolli Maintenance RC viewer (Maintenance M) viewer, version 184.108.40.2061575, May 12.
- Project viewers:
- Performance Floater project viewer, version 220.127.116.111296, May 10.
- Mesh Optimizer project viewer, version 18.104.22.1686858, dated January 5, issued after January 10.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 22.214.171.1240519, dated October 26, 2020.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 126.96.36.1993365, dated December 9, 2019.
- The issue of simulators that have been running for “4-5” days are ceasing to send Friends lists to those logging into them and requiring a restart to fix, continues for some. It’s not clear how widespread the issue is, but LL are aware of the issue.