The following notes were taken at the Simulator User Group meeting held on Tuesday, April 7th.
Please refer to the simulator deployment thread for updates.
- There was no deployment to the grid on Tuesday, April 7th, 2020, leaving the majority of regions running simulator version 538914, containing support for the upcoming mobile companion applications (see: Second Life companion app: mini update, March 2020).
- On Wednesday, April 8th, there should be two RC updates:
- Simulator release 539362, containing infrastructure improvements related to the cloud uplift.
- Simulator release 539684, containing the following:
- BUG-228417 Emails created by llTargetedEmail() in deeded objects show owner as NULL_KEY in the received email metadata.
- BUG-228412 Emails created by llTargetedEmail() are missing header info in the received email.
- SL-12941 Disable TARGETED_EMAIL_ROOT_CREATOR in llTargetedEmail
- SL-11502 New LSL function llTargetedEmail
- BUG-226917 EEP Environment, New Sky should default to midday and not 6pm
- BUG-226737 [EEP] The ‘get parcel_dayoffset’ request returns the value of the ‘parcel daylength’ parameter in the Region Debug Console.
There have been no updates to the current crop of official viewers to mark the start of the week, leaving the current pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version version 126.96.36.1998264, dated March 12, promoted March 18th. Formerly the Premium RC viewer – No change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 188.8.131.523365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 184.108.40.2062999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 220.127.116.110836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1689111, July 16, 2019.
With work progressing on the cloud uplift, some concern has been raised by those using external services and HTTP calls to / from the simulators once the latter start to be transitioned and have their domains changed.
While in-world object URLs are dynamic, it’s been suggested that some use external services use URL validation with hard-coded domain names (e.g. “http://sim10446.agni.lindenlab.com….”) in response to issues, and will therefore need a formal warning of URL changes as a result of domain changes. Given this approach is not recommended, the fact that LL will start to transition simulators to AWS services later in 2020 should be taken as fair warning that such validation checks will break. However, for those with concerns:
- Aditi (the beta grid) will be transitioned first, allowing scripts, external calls, etc., to be tested.
- With respect to this issue, llHTTP on the wiki will be updated to reflect domain changes and HTTP call requirements.