Please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest news.
- On Tuesday, March 19th, the SLS (Main) channel was updated with server maintenance package 19#19.03.07.525089. Previously deployed to BlueSteel and LeTigre, this update contains:
- Internal fixes.
- The Environment Enhancement Project code and all bug fixes for it.
- On Wednesday, March 20th, the server RC channels should be updated as follows:
These deployments will mean that server-side support for EEP will be grid-wide. However, the viewer is still at RC status and awaiting some final updates (including the Chrome / Chromium / CEF) fix noted below). The version with the fixes is due to go to the Lab’s internal QA later on March 19th.
There have been no official viewer updates at the start of the week, leaving the current pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 184.108.40.2064670, formerly the BugSplat RC viewer February 13, promoted February 28. No Change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 220.127.116.119906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 18.104.22.1680847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Chrome and Chromium Exploit
As noted in my TPV Developer meeting summary, an exploit within Chrome / Chromium which affects all versions except the very latest, 72.0.3626.121. This is being addressed by Linden Lab, but it will take time for the patch to filter out to all viewers – both the Lab’s own and TPVs (note that neither the Linux Spur viewer and the obsolete OS viewer will not be updated with a patch to fix this issue).
In the meantime, the current internal SL web browser is potentially vulnerable; do not use it to browse non-LL websites on it, and avoid using media on a prim from untrusted sources.
There will be a period of scheduled inventory maintenance between 05:00 and 07:00 SLT on Wednesday, March 20th, 2019:
During this time, residents may have issues with any inventory related activities including building, logging in, as well as avatar and object rezzing. Please refrain from rezzing in-world, in addition to transacting in-world, on the Marketplace, or on the Lindex during this time.
– SL Grid Maintenance notice