On Thursday, November 1st, 2018, Linden Lab blogged about further updates and fixes to the Second Life Marketplace. the post also confirms that the promised clean-up of older listings is now in progress.
The clean-up is something that has been requested multiple times through various forum threads over the years, and has been a frequent topic at Web User Group meetings in recent months. In short the clean-up should only affect:
- Merchants who have not logged in for five years
- And only those items which have not sold within two years.
The clean-up is an unlisting of items, not a deletion. Should any merchant notice items have been unlisted that they believe should not have been, they are asked to raise a Jira so that Commerce Team can investigate.
New to the Marketplace with this update are:
- Three new Categories to Marketplace:
- Animated Objects
- A new Anime Marketplace communities.
The blog post lists the fixes for the update as:
- Marketplace order confirmation mail should include a product link and seller data. So it will from now on.
- “Items per page” kept resetting to 12 in wish lists. Annoying!
- Any search field will now display an x on the right side once the user has started typing. This will allow you to quickly remove/delete all text in the field instead of having to backspace out the information.
- Merchants can no longer review their own listings. Obviously, yours are the best.
- Store favourites used to say “Sold by [current user]” instead of the store owner. That’s silly!
- Merchant dashboard Report pages were missing the store banner
- Updates to search for more precise results
- Fixed searching within “manage listings”
- Marketplace review helpfulness rating buttons were broken, but we unbroke them.
- We will now notify a marketplace shop owner if items have their rating changed
- Marketplace profile – some incorrect truncation of Policies box content was going on, so we put a stop to it
- You could not preview listing with no price, but now – you can.
- Buying item for users not in the marketplace would throw an error, but that’s fixed.
- New Marketplace wish list didn’t work in other languages than English. Wish list Joy to the world!
- Added a helpful pop-up for the keywords field, which describes Boolean search functionality, so more people can discover it.
While it is subject to confirmation, the next Web User Group meeting should be on Thursday, November 29th, 2018. Check the WEB wiki page for the schedule nearer the time.