Server Deployment Plans
As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest news and updates.
- On Tuesday, October 23rd, the SLS (Main) channel updated to server release 18#18.10.04.520268, comprising internal fixes.
- On Wednesday, October 24th, 2018, the RC channels should be updated as follows:
- BlueSteel will apparently remain on server maintenance package 18#18.10.04.520268.
- Magnum and LeTigre were “TBD” at the time of writing.
- Note that the deployment information for Snack in the thread (version 18.104.22.1680844) is incorrect – see below for more (this may be removed after these notes are published).
The start of week #43 has seen no change to the current viewer pipelines:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1249298, dated September 5, promoted September 26. Formerly the Rakomelo Maintenance RC viewer – No change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Animesh RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1990636, October 18.
- Spotykach Maintenance RC viewer, version 188.8.131.520444, October 11.
- Estate Access Management (EAM) RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2060057, September 28.
- BugSplat RC viewer, version 220.127.116.119462, September 10. This viewer is functionally identical to the current release viewer, but uses BugSplat for crash reporting, rather than the Lab’s own Breakpad based crash reporting tools.
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1688751, released on August 20.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 22.214.171.1249906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 126.96.36.1990847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Environmental Enhancement Project – EEP
- The Snack RC channel has been updated with a new EPP release, 188.8.131.520891, which seems to fix the issue of EEP skies looking weird (black skies, fast-moving clouds) when seen on non-EEP viewers.
- Rider Linden is now working on adding LSL support to EEP.
Aditi Account Set-up Reminder
Given EEP is available for testing on Aditi, a quick reminder on how to log-in to that grid if you have not done so before or in a long while:
- File a support ticket requesting access to Aditi.
- Wait for support to confirm your account has been set-up.
- Log-in to Aditi. This may not give you a full copy of your inventory, however it will flag your inventory for syncing with Agni.
- Syncing operations are run daily at roughly 02:00 SLT, so if you wait about 24 hours (depending on the time of your initial log-in to Aditi), your inventory on the beta grid should be synced with your Agni inventory.
The EEP testing region is: secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/EEPTesting/247/44/23.