As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for updates.
- There was no deployment to the SLS (Main) channel on Tuesday, October 9th, 2018. This remains on server release 18#18.09.20.519894.
- At the time of writing, no deployment to the three RC channels are listed for Wednesday, October 10th, leaving them on server release 18#18.09.24.519940. However, during the meeting, Simon suggested a deployment might be made.
The Animesh RC viewer updated to version 188.8.131.520211 on Tuesday, October 8th. This update includes the following updates / changes:
- SL-966 scale and position offset limits are now enforced for Animesh objects. The current scale limit is 64m, offset remains at 3m
- SL-1290 Issue with animations not rendering if they were stopped and started while host object is selected.
- SL-9673 some HUDs collapse to low LOD when zooming.
- SL-1350 Animesh angle offset lags when linked to rotating prim
- SL-9773 attached Animesh objects visible in mouselook when “show me in mouselook” is unchecked.
- SL-1291 Animesh selection highlights not showing in edit mode.
The remaining viewers in the pipeline remain unchanged from the end of week #40:
- Current Release version 184.108.40.2069298, dated September 5, promoted September 26. Formerly the Rakomelo Maintenance RC viewer – No change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Spotykach Maintenance RC viewer, version 220.127.116.110176, October 4.
- Estate Access Management (EAM) RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1680057, September 28.
- BugSplat RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1249462, September 10. This viewer is functionally identical to the current release viewer, but uses BugSplat for crash reporting, rather than the Lab’s own Breakpad based crash reporting tools.
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1998751, released on August 20.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 188.8.131.529906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 184.108.40.2060847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
- Region Crossings: see BUG-214653. In brief, several issues are related to message handling between server(s) and viewer. Assorted solutions have been suggested, with Simon linden noting, “Yeah at some point we may want to totally re-do that sequence of messages and get rid of all UDP traffic. It would probably be a little slower but having a more solid sequence would be better.”
- BUG-216320 “Error when retrieving grid statistics page via llHTTPRequest”: this has been an issue since May, 2018, it had been hoped that the OS update would fix it, but currently there is still one component that needs to be updated in order to fix the issue.
- The anticipated end date for the simulator OS update, which is key to the work in moving things to the cloud, is the end of 2018 or early 2019. After which there are the back-end services to update.