As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for updates.
- There was no SLS (Main) channel deployment on Tuesday, September 11th.
- On Wednesday, September 12th, all three primary RC channels should receive server maintenance package 18#18.09.04.519319, comprising logging improvements. This deployment should have been made in week #36, but never actually made it, due to a late-breaking issue with the code.
The Bugsplat RC viewer updated to version 188.8.131.529462 on Monday, September 10th. All other viewers in the pipeline remain as per the end of week #36:
- Current Release version 184.108.40.2068593, dated August 14, promoted August 20. Formerly the SL Voice RC viewer – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 220.127.116.119906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 18.104.22.1680847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
BUG-7084 is a long-standing issue with prim properties reverting, which appears to be related to the Interest List and updates between the simulator and server being incorrectly handled. The matter was raised at the SUG meeting as now affecting hovertext, notably with objects requiring feeding / watering. For example, an object with a feed total of 45/100 could be replenished to raise the total – to, say, 47/100, but after moving the object outside the field of view (so culling it from the Interest List updates), camming back to it would revel the total has reverted to its early value (45/100). It’s not clear if this particular problem is related to BUG-7084, and the suggestion has been for a new Jira to be filed with a workable reproduction.