Update: server maintenance package, 18#18.09.04.519319 failed to make it to the RC channels. There have been reports that some were updated to 18#18.09.04.519222, for which I have no details.
There is currently no server deployment thread, however:
- On Tuesday, September 3rd, the Main channel received server maintenance package 18#18.08.24.519036, previously deployed to the RC channels, comprising a fix for the land auction system.
- On Wednesday, September 4th, the three RC channels should receive a maintenance package, 18#18.09.04.519319, comprising logging improvements.
In week #35, there was a back-end update that should have fixed some problems people were having starting voice in groups.
Server OS Update
Work is in hand to update the SL server operating system version, however, Simon Linden noted the work in preparing for this update is taking longer than hoped.
There have been no updates to any of the SL viewers to mark the start of the week (and allowing for Labor Day weekend in the United States), living the pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 188.8.131.528593, dated August 14, promoted August 20. Formerly the SL Voice RC viewer – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts
- Rakomelo Maintenance RC , version 184.108.40.2069162, released on August 31.
- Animesh RC viewer, version 220.127.116.118949, August 24.
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1688751, released on August 20.
- BugSplat RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1248305, August 7. This viewer is functionally identical to the current release viewer, but uses BugSplat for crash reporting, rather than the Lab’s own Breakpad based crash reporting tools.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 126.96.36.1999906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 188.8.131.520847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Environment Enhancement Project
There is a chance that the EEP project viewer could be appearing this week. Depending on the nature of the RC server deployments, if one does appear, it may only work on Aditi.
Governance User Group
A New Governance User Group has been announced, with meetings to take place on a bi-weekly on Tuesdays, commencing on September 18th. The function of the meeting is quoted as being:
Intended for discussion & education of issues involving Governance such as in-world abuse, Abuse Reports, Forum Reports, Marketplace Reports, etc.
The meetings will be held at the Havenhurst camp site. The currently published time for the meetings is 13:00-14:00 SLT; however, as a result of concerns about the meetings clashing with any over-run of the Simulator User Group meetings, the Governance team may change the time. Those interested in attending the meeting should therefore keep an eye on the User Groups wiki page for possible updates in lieu of any official blog post that might be forthcoming.