A brief update, as it was pointed out to me that I missed the Web User Group on August 22nd, and the updates to the Marketplace that were reported in the forums by Grumpity Linden at around the same time.
A new Maintenance RC viewer was issued on Friday, August 31st. The Rakomelo Maintenance RC, version 18.104.22.1689162, offers some 29 fixes and updates, including two for receiving Friend requests and Group notices when off-line via the new HTTP capabilities, and which had not been working correctly following the initial deployment of the capability. These update should match recent server-side updates to the caps, and prevent group notices and Friend requests received whilst off-line failing to be delivered when next logging-in.
There are a number of other useful fixes with this release – please refer to the release notes / download page linked to above for details.
I didn’t actually make the August 22nd Web User Group meeting, hence the lack of an update in week #34.
However, as has been pointed out to me, Grumpity Linden posted to the forums concerning a number of Marketplace updates, which I’m simply going to list here for completeness:
- Gift email was missing if the gift message was blank. Everyone should get a gift email!
- Residents with the last name Resident couldn’t leave product reviews. That was bad, and is fixed.
- Character count of product description included newlines and so was obviously wrong. Righted that wrong.
- Favourites which are no longer available are now marked as such, and can all be removed with a single click
- Email changes on SL now propagate to the Marketplace.
- Allow merchants to choose to list multiple “Custom Avatar Brand Names”
- Retain “Sort By” preferences between pages and sessions. Makes sense.
- You can now remove items from the Related Items pop-up.
- It’s “Land Impact” not “Prim Count”.
- The Mesh Quiz is a thing of the past. It will stay in the past, but will surely live on in our memories.
Grumpity also notes that some much-requested updates are “coming soon”: wish lists, favourite sellers, and an auto-complete for brand names.
She also indicated a fix for BUG-225309 “Marketplace: ‘Best selling products’ no longer sorts by best-selling” is in the works, as is a fix for BUG-225307, “Editing Marketplace Listings does not show inactive items to add as related or demo” – although this has apparently been closed as “working as intended”, which is slightly different to providing an actual “fix”! 🙂 .
The next Web User Group meeting (which is open to discussion of all of the Lab’s web properties, not just the Marketplace, is scheduled for Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 at 14:00 SLT. I’ll try to drum this into my head so as not to miss it, as I have done for the last couple!