Server Deployments Week 27
As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest updates.
- There was no deployment to the Main (SLS) channel on Tuesday, July 4th, and it remains on simulator version #17.06.12.327066. However the bi-weekly restart did take place.
- On Wednesday, July 5th, the RC channels should be updated as follows:
DJ Boards Issue – Magnum RC
The original deployment of this OS update to Magnum resulted in breakages to scripts used by various streaming service DJ boards (as noted in BUG-10073 and also in the forums). An initial attempt to fix the issue was made in June, but wasn’t entirely successful. The Magnum deployment (#17.06.29.327400) above contains a revised fix for the problem.
The Project Alex Ivy 64- bit viewer moved to release candidate status with the release of version 184.108.40.2067006 on June 30th.
The 360-degree snapshot project viewer updated to version 220.127.116.116743 on June 29th. This version still does not correctly define images for 360-degree playback on Flickr (tag must be manually set). I have a hands-on look at the updated viewer: Second Life 360 degree snapshots hands on II.
The rest of the viewer pipeline is as follows:
- Current Release version 18.104.22.1686593, released on May 26th, promoted June 20th – formerly the AssetHTTP RC viewer – overview
- Release channel cohort:
- Obsolete platform viewer version 22.214.171.1240847 dated May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
User Group Meetings
- There is no Simulator User Group meeting on Tuesday, July 4th due to the US Independence Day holiday.
- The Content Creator User Group will be meeting on Thursday, July 6th, rather than being held over to allow for the Lab’s internal start-of-month meeting.