In June, Kultivate Magazine published the first volume of Quill and Pen, a new twice-yearly publication focusing on the work of writers and poets from across Second Life. It features short stories (including flash stories), non-fiction and poetry, and is published each June and December.
You can obtain / read this first volume in a number of e-formats on-line and on mobile devices:
- Quill and Pen via Issuu
- Quill and Pen via Kobo
- Quill and Pen via Nook
- Quill and Pen via Scribd
- Quill and Pen via Smashwords (epub, PDF, Mobi / Kindle)
On August 22nd, 2016 Kultivate announced submissions for the second volume of the journal are now open, with the publication date set for December 5th, 2016. Writers and poets from across Second Life are invited to submit their work for consideration / publication, with submissions are welcome in the following categories:
- Poems: one poem per page, single spaced and left justified, maximum of six pages
- Non-fiction: one essay up to 3,000 words, double spaced, no extra space between paragraphs, white space for section breaks only
- Full-length stories: one story up to 3,000 words, double spaced, no extra space between paragraphs. White space for section breaks only
- Flash fiction: up to 700 words, double spaced, no extra space between paragraphs. White space for section breaks only.
To submit your work, please complete the Quill and Pen submission form.
Please do not copy / paste your work into the form when applying. All work should be made available via Google Documents or a similar service, with the link to its location included in the submission form. Kultivate will then download your work from the provided link, thus preserving formatting for publication. Thank you.