Updates for the week ending Sunday, July 31st
This summary is published every Monday, and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Current Viewer Releases Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware), and which are recognised as adhering to the TPV Policy. This page includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog
- By its nature, this summary presented here will always be in arrears, please refer to the Current Viewer Release Page for more up-to-date information.
Official LL Viewers
- Current Release version: 18.104.22.1685555 (dated May 23), promoted July 5th – formerly the Inventory Message RC viewer download page, release notes
- Release channel cohorts (See my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- VLC Media Plugin Viewer RC version 22.214.171.1248152, released on July 28th – replaces the QuickTime media plugin for the Windows version of the viewer with one based on LibVLC (download and release notes)
- Maintenance RC viewer updated to version 126.96.36.1998189 on July 28th – fixes and updates (download and release notes)
- Project viewers:
- No updates.
LL Viewer Resources
- SL Alternate Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer Source Repositories wiki page – LL
- Test Builds wiki page – LL
- Supported Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer updates and reviews in this blog
- Cool VL viewer Stable branch updated to version 188.8.131.52 and the Experimental branch updated to version 184.108.40.206, both on July 30th (release notes)
Mobile / Other Clients
- Lumiya updates to version 3.0 on July 27th, followed by 3 rapid-fire bug fix releases, 3.0.1 on July 28th, 3.0.2 on July 29th and 3.0.3 on July 30th.