Twenty regions (LEA10 through LEA29), donated by Linden Lab and managed by the LEA, are offered under the AIR programme, and successful applicants will be given the use of one full region for a period of five months. The region may then be used on an individual or group basis for such diverse activities as:
- Full sim exhibitions and / or immersive installations
- Curated projects, especially those which have a connection to physical exhibitions and events (mixed reality).
Artists are asked to take no more than 3 months to execute their build, so that their installation is open to the public for at least the last 2 months of their grant. However, artists may also open their installation ahead of the three-month build deadline, and many artists in the past have used their land to have multiple exhibits.
The timeline for application as it currently stands is:
- Application deadline: May 30th, 2015
- Notification by: June 14th, 2015
- Sim handover and public announcement: July 1st, 2015
- End of round: December 31st, 2015.