Fashion for Life 2014 opened its doors in Second Life on Saturday June 7th, and will run through until midnight SLT on Friday June 20th.
Supporting Relay for Life of SL (as it always does), Fashion For Life is spread across ten themed regions, each one hosting stores and shops offering the best and latest of their fashions and accessories. In a major change to previous FFL events, every item for sale is a donation item; designers can choose whether 15, 25, 50, 75 or 100% of the proceeds of a sale go to RFL of SL.
The theme of this year’s event is Wanderlust, a reflection of RFL of SL’s central theme of A Journey of Promise. In keeping with this, each of the FFL regions is focused on a means of transportation – be it by air, land or water. The ten regions, their themes, their designers and sponsors are:
- FFL Amble: automobiles; designed by Bianca Bender; sponsored by MoonDance and PurpleMoon
- FFL Excursion: water transportation on rivers; designed by Barnesworth Anubis; sponsored by Tres Beau and Lapointe & Bastchild
- FFL Journey: Steampunk Ground transport; designed by TotalLunar Eclipse; sponsored by EMO-tions and Heydra
- FFL Meander: ocean-going transport; designed by Grace Loudon; sponsored by Pure Poison and Body Canvas
- FFL Parade: Pedal Power; designed by Pluto Fairey; sponsored by KL Couture and LeeZu
- FFL Perambulate: Foot-driven, skateboards or skates; designed by Eclair Martinek; sponsored by BSD Design Studio and Legal Insanity
- FFL Promenade: Space; designed by Rathmeous Dagger; sponsored by FBD Fashion and ZOZ
- FFL Trek: mechanised flight; designed by Troy Vogel; sponsored by Essenz and Azul
- FFL Voyage: 2 & 3 wheelers; designed by Jara Lowell; sponsored by Vintage Jewels and Mon Cheri
- FFL Wander: non-mechanised flight; designed by Grace Loudon and Rathmeous Dagger; sponsored by Zanze and Miamai
For those not so into shopping and fashion (and for those who are!), FFL is running The Passport Game, a HUD-based game which builds on the theme of the event and the themes of the FFL regions.
To play, simply pick-up a passport HUD at any of the FFL region arrival points, wear it, and then visit the Gacha Station in each of the 10 regions and purchase the special souvenirs made by each of region builders – the proceeds go directly to RFL of SL. When you wear a souvenir, your passport will be stamped. When you have all 10 stamps, go to the redemption centre on any region and claim a prize donated by a number of the designers participating in FFL 2014.
As well as the stores in each region, FFL will feature a range of events and activities, these will include runway shows, a lookbook organized and sponsored by Best of SL under the direction of Reign Congrejo and live music and DJ events organised and sponsored by Zenzibar’s Zzoie Zee. Keep an eye on the FFL 2014 blog for details on events.
So why not broaden your travel horizons, and book a break in the FFL regions?