As always, please refer to the Kokua release notes for the full accreditation of any updates mentioned below.
The new version sees Kokua maintains parity with the Lab’s 3.7.5 and 3.7.6 code base releases, and sees the viewer gain the recent Google Breakpad changes (and fixes for the same from the Lab), as well as the Merchant Outbox fixes and the remaining voice updates for windows and Mac (these libraries ere merged into an earlier release of Kokua, so this release sees the final updates.
Together, the Voice and Merchant Outbox changes comprise the use of Vivox 4.6.x libraries for improved stability & to address Mac Mavericks issues and fixes for accurately detecting Merchant status & improving Merchant Outbox error recovery.
In addition, the release sees a number of TPV and Kokua team updates, the former notably coming from Firestorm. These comprise:
- An option to display the Received Items section of the inventory floater as a regular folder
- Hide empty system folders
Check boxes for both options can be found in Preferences > Kokua > Inventory. Note that when the Received Items folder is active, the slide-up Received Items bar at the foot of the inventory panel will remain visible, rather than being hidden (as is the case with the likes of Firestorm).
In addition, the release includes the following updates from the Kokua team:
- Fixes for several merge regressions from RLVa affecting Kokua functionally
- Windows: returned functionally of local chat right-click menu music stream title display. This was removed when FmodEx was installed
- Macintosh: streaming music is now using the FmodEx library and streams appear more reliable than with previously used Quicktime
- UI enhancements:
- Fix for the parcel name not changing unless “Show region coordinates” was switched on
- “Report Abuse” added to right-click context menus for objects and avatars.
This release doesn’t contain the SSA / AIS v3 updates (which are still only at RC status in the LL viewer). The reason given for this is that there are currently no public RLV / RLVa repositories containing a working merge of sunshine-external the SSA / AISv3 code, and Nicky Perian, the Kokua lead, doesn’t feel he is familiar enough with RLV code to go ahead with his own merge. So expect to see SSA / AIS v3 appear in Kokua in a future release.
There is a test version of Kokua which is running SSA / AIS v3, but which does not have RLVa, for those who wish to test the SSA / AIS v3 functionality, which is currently running on the three RC channels in Second Life.
RLV or RLVa?
Up until now, Kokua has used the RLVa API. However, Nicky P is considering swapping to using Marine Kelley’s original RLV API, on the grounds that it maintains a closer parity with the LL viewer. To this end, he has asked anyone who is aware of anyone of performance differences between RLV and RLVa, to please comment in the Kokua 3.7.6 release notes.