Branwen Arts and Stories Unlimited have announced a call for performers at the Fourth Annual Storyfest event, to be held on Sunday March 23rd, 2014.
StoryFest is a partnership between the Branwen Arts Coop, Seanchai Library and the Stories Unlimited, and produced by StoryFest Events. It will take place at Here Be Pictsies in Bran, commencing at 10:00 and running through until 17:00.
The event is held to mark World Storytelling Day, which celebrates traditionally told tales, and which this year falls on March 20th, with the theme of Monsters and Dragons. Storyfest will comprise a day of stories presented in a variety of live performance forms: traditional telling, literature, theatre, dance, and so on.
Anyone who is currently presenting stories in Second Life in any manner of live performance (i.e. not pre-recorded readings / performances), are welcome – and encouraged – to apply. Performances should be timed to fit a 30-minute slot, although there are a limited number of 60-minute slots for more elaborate presentations. Multiple performers can share a single slot, so long as the organisers are aware of how many and who as a part of the application. Note that no streams will be available for individual performers.
The organisers are also seeking volunteer hosts to help organise and run the day’s events.
How to apply
Those wishing to participate as either a performer or volunteer host should contact either Caledonia Skytower or Dubhna Rhiadra via note card, giving their SL name and role (performer / host) they are interested in. Those wishing to help with hosting should provide times at which they can be available on the day. Performers should also provide the following:
- Length of slot required (30 or 60 minutes)
- An outline of your proposed performance / presentation, including technical requirements (e.g. prim count for props, etc.) – please note that no stream will be available for individual performers / presenters
- If the presentation involves multiple performers, please supply the number / names
- A reference to what and where you present on the grid at present.
All submissions should be received no later than midnight SLT on Wednesday March 12th, 2014. successful applicants will receive confirmation by Tuesday March 18th March, and a schedule for the event will be published at that time.
- The organizers reserve the right to review the performers submitting and accept those performances & performers that they feel best fit the goals of the festival
- While performers are welcome to use the theme from this year’s World Storytelling Day, “Monsters and Dragons” they need not restrict themselves to just that theme
- Questions on the event should be addressed to Caledonia Skytower or Dubhna Rhiadra by note card, as IMs do frequently get capped.