Jayjay Zifanwe of the University of Western Australia brings word of a new film and machinima challenge
Project Homeless 2014 is a Challenge run by Screen My Shorts Incorporated and the University of Western Australia in partnership with, and sponsored by the Parramatta City Council.
Film-makers of all ages cultures and ability are invited to submit original creative digital content (conventional film and / or machinima) and win a share of the $10,000 Aus (L$2.28 Million) cash and prizes (with at least $700 Aus reserved for Machinima), and have their works exposed on the international stage. Films may be individual or team efforts.
Entrants are asked to indicate two themes from the 22 listed by the competition, on which they would like to base their film. The organisers will then allocate one the selected options. Entrants then have full freedom to explore and interpret the allocated theme and create a completed film within 30 days. All entrants are asked to be as creative as possible in interpreting their nominated theme.
All registrations should be received no later than Friday April 11th, 2014, which is the date on which entrants will be informed of their allocated film theme.
Completed films must be submitted by Sunday May 11th, 2014.
How to Register
- The preferred method is to register via the competition website– note that entry fees for machinima style film are being sponsored by the University of Western Australia.
- Send an email (or a NC in-world) with the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Second Life name
- Team name (if applicable)
- Email address
- City & country
- 2 preferred themes as the subject of the entry, in order of preference.
- Only G or PG rated films will be accepted.
- Entry length to be between 3 to 10 minutes.
- Registration is essential.
- All entries are to be made specifically for the Project Homeless Competition.
- Register before the 11th of April & must nominate two of the listed themes.
- $10,000 Aus in prizes available with at least $700 Aus reserved for machinima.
- The full official rules should also be read, together with the 10 Step Guide.
Please refer to the UWA website for a full list of prizes.