Sunday May 26th saw the SL10BCC regions open to exhibitors and their helpers to start building / dropping in their exhibits. Since that time, the lonely patchworks of grass and water, neatly cut by sidewalks and piers I described in my last update have begun to vanish.
Like flowers bursting into bloom at the first touch of spring sunshine, so new builds have burst forth across the SL10BCC regions. Awesome builds, multi-hued builds, towering builds, quaint builds, charming builds, scary builds.
Everywhere is a hive of activity, as everyone works towards the deadline of June 13th, when the regions will all be closed ready for final testing and to allow the press and blogging community to preview all of the builds and the festivities to mark SL’s 10 birthday.
Well, almost everywhere.
Sitting between the builds are unattended parcels. Sad, forlorn parcels without even a prim to proclaim that they are loved and wanted. Even after a week of frantic building, they remain unclaimed.
Given the volume of applications received for exhibitor space, this cannot be allowed to continue. So the warning is going out far and wide:
If you have received an offer of a plot at SL10BCC and have not yet claimed it, you now have less than 24 hours in which to do so! Plots which remain unclaimed after Sunday June 2nd will be re-allocated!
If you have NOT claimed your parcel, then make sure you do so ASAP, by following these steps (as detailed in the Event Policies):
- Asking for an EA (Exhibitor Assistant) in the Second Life Birthday Community group chat (there may be a delay in getting a reply, as the EAs are working as quickly as possible but are busy, so please be patient).
- When an EA is available, they will tell you in the group chat to check your IMs.
- The EA will IM you. Let them know that you’re ready to proceed.
- Accept the group invite to Second Life Birthday Exhibitors group.
- Accept the teleport offer.
- The EA will give you a slice of birthday cake that contains helpful notecards and other goodies.
- The EA will ask for the following: Parcel Name, Parcel Description, Parcel Texture (full-permissions texture), Build Assistants (Maximum of 4), Music Stream URL, Media Stream URL, Deed any objects (A land radio or media player), and Landing Point
NOTE: You can request these at a later time.
- The EA will tell you who your Sim Coordinator is.
- Set your group tag to Second Life Birthday Exhibitors group.
- Rez a prim on your parcel to claim it.
- Have fun.
Please, please, please note (10.). If you have gone through the above steps, but have not placed a prim on your parcel, then make sure you do at the earliest opportunity!
Again, parcels which remain unclaimed on Sunday June 2nd may well be allocated to others!