Halloween draws nigh, and with it, another round of ghostly tales of dark deeds laced with a little arsenic on the side, brought to you courtesy of the storytellers at Seanchai Library SL.
The full list of activities are as follows. All times SLT, and the in-world location, unless otherwise stated, will be at Seanchai Library’s SL home region of Imagination Island.
Sunday October 14th:
- 14:00 – Tea Time at Baker Street: join Caledonia Skytower as she tells the strange story of The Copper Beeches. The Great Detective’s assistance is called upon when, after accepting a post as Governess with a quite considerable salary (£100 per annum!), Violet Hunter, finds her conditions of employment by Jephro Rucastle, subject to unusual conditions… This marks the end of this year’s Tea Time at Baker Street readings.
- 18:00 – Ghosthunters & The Incredibly Revolting Ghost: Caledonia Skytower brings this tale of ghostly happenings to Magicland.
Monday October 15th:
- 19:00 – A Night in the Lonesome October: Seanchai Library’s adaptation of Roger Zelazy’s satirical novel continues, featuring the voice artistry of Shandon Loring, Gyro Muggins, Caledonia Skytower and special guests. Once more, Snuff the dog and other animal familiars observe the goings-on of their masters and mistresses, all Players in the Game, as some seek to use occult powers to open the doors between this world and the realm of the Great Old Ones and bring about the destruction or enslavement of the human race, while others seek to hold the doors closed. Through the eyes of the familiars we see alliances formed, betrayals played out as the game moves inexorably towards the night of October 31st, and the time when the fate of the world will be decided for another few decades (part 3 of 4).
Tuesday October 16th:
- 19:00 – Arsenic and Old Lace: Joseph Kesselring’s black comedy and most successful focuses on drama critic Mortimer Brewster, as he debates whether to go through with his recent promise to marry the woman he loves while dealing with his crazy, homicidal family and local police
Wednesday October 17th:
- 19:00 – Which Witch? with Faerie Maven. The final installment of Eva Ibbotson’s delightful adventure of wizards, witches, spells, conjures, and the profound need to prove one’s self in the eyes of others.
Thursday October 18th:
- 19:00 – Nocturnes from Ireland: Dark, daring, utterly haunting tales of lost lovers, predatory demons, and vengeful ghosts from the pen of John Connolly, as told by Shandon Loring.