This summary is published every Monday and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy
- By its nature, this summary will always be in arrears
- The Viewer Round-up Page is updated as soon as I’m aware of any releases / changes to viewers & clients, and should be referred to for more up-to-date information as the week progresses
- The Viewer Round-up Page also includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
Updates for the week ending: 7 October, 2012
Largely a quiet week. SL releases halted while crash issues / meomory leaks within the beta branch are eliminated; most TPVs awaiting fixes to resume their code merges. Lumiya issued a significant update to the Android client which brings it closer to being a functional mobile viewer for Second Life / OpenSim.
- SL Viewer updates:
- Beta version rolled to 126.96.36.1995434 on October 4 – core updates: stabilisation / crash fix test version with tcmalloc included; fix for Microsoft Skydrive (download page; release notes)
- Group Services project viewer rolled to 188.8.131.525496 on October 4th – core update: code to allow for fetching the group list via UDP if the new 10K cap on the UDP service isn’t detected in the server-side code
- Zen rolled to 184.108.40.206 on October 6, to be quickly updated with 220.127.116.11 to fix a serious crash isse with 18.104.22.168. Cor updates (other than 22.214.171.124 crash fix):spell check primary dictionaries updated; QuickTime updated to 4.8.1; removed logout music streaming shutodwn delay; removed SL Destination & Avatar Picker from OpenSim; various performance updates, including cached control optimisation.
- Group Tools release version 126.96.36.199 ob October 7. No details on updates or fixes
- Lumiya released 2.3.0 on October 7 – core updates:Avatar & animation rendering; avatar outfit control; camera control in 3D view; ability to change active group; improved inventory update speed; assorted fixes, including ghosted objects.
- Libretto – note that the website for the Libretto client has been unavailable since mid-September.