Updates from the week through to Sunday, January 29th, 2023
This summary is generally published every Monday, and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Current Viewer Releases Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware), and which are recognised as adhering to the TPV Policy. This page includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
- By its nature, this summary presented here will always be in arrears, please refer to the Current Viewer Release Page for more up-to-date information.
- Note that for purposes of length, TPV test viewers, preview / beta viewers / nightly builds are generally not recorded in these summaries.
Official LL Viewers
- Release viewer: Maintenance P (Preferences, Position and Paste) RC viewer version 184.108.40.2066863 Monday, December 12.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Maintenance (Q)uality RC viewer, version 220.127.116.117968, January 30, 2023.
- Project viewers:
- PBR Materials project viewer, version 18.104.22.1687780, January 25, 2023 – reflection probes update; linear colour space; improved VRAM utilisations. This viewer will only function on the following Aditi (beta grid) regions: Materials1; Materials Adult and Rumpus Room 1 through 4.
LL Viewer Resources
- SL release viewer download page – LL
- SL viewer release notes – LL
- SL Alternate Viewers page – LL
- SL available viewer index – LL
- Starlight alternative viewer skins page (not officially supported by LL)
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer updates and reviews – this blog
- No updates.
- Cool VL Viewer updated to Maintained versions: 22.214.171.124 (Stable), 126.96.36.199 (Experimental) January 29, 2023 – release notes.
- Genesis Viewer updated to version 1.3.622 January 29, 2023 – release notes.
Mobile / Other Clients
- No updates.