June 2019 marks the 16th anniversary of Second Life fully opening its doors to the public (and, as I’ve previously mentioned, Linden Lab’s own 20th anniversary as a company). As is the tradition, the anniversary will be marked by the Second Life Birthday event, marked by exhibitions, music, entertainment and more taking place across the SLB regions.
On Monday, April 1st, 2019 Linden Lab opened the doors to applications from exhibitors, performers, presenters and volunteers, with the blog post reading in part:
SL16B is coming this summer … This year, we are excited to return to being more involved in the organisation of all the events. In addition to the official Music Fests, costume parties, and Shopping events, of the last few years, we’re also returning to our roots and participating more in the development and planning of the main SLB celebration.
Those wishing to apply to be involved in SL16B as exhibitors, performers or volunteers should follow the links below.
- Exhibitors should then read the Exhibitor Policies and complete the Exhibitor Application form
- Performers and Presenters should then read the Performance Policies and complete the Performance Application form.
- Note that in difference to recent celebration applications, this form covers DJs, live musicians, performance arts, and those wishing to present a lecture or presentation – there is no separate presenters application this year.
- Volunteers (greeters, etc.), should complete the Volunteer Application form.
Notes for the above applications:
- When entering times in any of the above forms, please ensure you used Second Life Time (SLT).
- The closing date for all of the above applications is Wednesday, May 15th, 2019.
In addition, on March 14th, 2019, Linden Lab announced the SL16B Shopping Event (read here for more). Those wishing to apply to be a part of this event as a merchant should complete the Merchant Application form, no later than Saturday, June 1st, 2019.
The SL16B Shopping Event: scheduled to run throughout the shopping period, this multi-region shopping event is now accepting applications from merchants. Those wishing to participate should ensure they have applied by June 1st, 2019.