Second Life’s 13th anniversary takes place in June 2016, and already anticipation is mounting about the week-long event, which will take place between Sunday, June 19th and Sunday June 26th.
One of the popular pre-event activities which occurs each year is the Press Day, which presents bloggers, machinimists and other “press” with the opportunity to have early access to the celebration regions, tour them, find out about the infrastructure and build, take photograph, record video and (above all) blog about the forthcoming coming celebrations.
This year, the Press Day will take place on Saturday, June 18th. If you would like to participate, then please make sure you complete the Press Access application sooner rather than later.
I’ve again been asked to produce some teaser videos for this years event, and so to hopefully further whet appetites, I’ll leave you with the first, and a reminder of the key dates.
- Monday, May 23rd to Wednesday, May 25th: First round exhibitors notified via email
- Wednesday, May 25th: regions open to exhibitors
- Friday June 10th: Performers notified
- Wednesday, June 15th to Friday, June 17th: regions closed to exhibitors for walk-through
- Friday, June 17th and Saturday, June 18th: regions open to exhibitors for adjustments
- Saturday, June 18th: Press Day
- Sunday, June 19th, noon SLT: Opening Day
- Thursday June 23rd: The Birthday
- Sunday, June 26th: last day of celebration performances and activities
- Monday, June 27th to Sunday, July 3rd: regions open for viewing, no performances
- Sunday, July 3rd: Staff party
- Monday, July 4th to Wednesday, July 6th: Breakdown
- Thursday, July 7th: Sims go off-line.
Keep up-to-date with all things SL13B through the SL Community Celebration Website.