On Thursday September 18th, the windows version of the UKanDo viewer released version 188.8.131.52043 (at the time of writing, the Linux version is to follow), the first update to the viewer since April 2014.
Given the passage of time since the last release, this new version brings with it both a significant jump in version number and a lot of merges with the Lab’s official code. As well as these, the viewer also has a number of tweaks, fixes, additions and removals, which come from both the UKanDo team and other sources.
The following is a quick overview of some of the significant changes to the viewer; as always, please refer to the release notes for the full list of changes and updates.
Lab Code Updates
UKanDo 3.7.15 comprises merges with the following LL code releases:
- Release 3.7.7 – viewer-side Project Interesting improvements to how the viewer and server work together to know what scene objects to draw, and how the viewer utilises the information it has cached
- Release 3.7.8 – Maintenance release with crash fixes and performance improvements
- Release 3.7.9 – the “Memshine” release, incorporating the Sunshine / AIS v3 updates and a variety of fixes to address memory leaks in the viewer and improve crash rate
- Release 3.7.10 – the SLShare two release, with uploads to Twitter and Flickr and updated upload to Facebook (to incorporate the filter support also included in the Twitter / Flickr image uploads)
- Release 3.7.11 – Snowstorm contributions release which includes the requirements that Windows XP users have Service Pack 3 (Win XP 32-bit) or SP 2 (Win XP 64-bit) in order for this (and future viewer releases) to install
- Release 3.7.12 – Maintenance release
- Release 3.7.13 – Group ban functionality release
- Release 3.7.14 – viewer build libraries update, providing security, stability and consistency improvements to this and future viewers
- Release 3.7.15 – Snowstorm contributions viewer, including the unified snapshot floater, and support for ‘older than’ when inventory filtering.
In addition to the above, the viewer is also brought up-to-date with Marine Kelley’s latest updates to RLV.
Version 3.7.15 of UKanDo includes the following Preferences updates:
- A button to clear inventory cache has been added to Preferences > General > Miscellaneous
- Option added to toggle between web or legacy profile floaters added to Preferences > General > Miscellaneous panel, with web profiles the default
- Preferences > General > Basics tab has been cleaned-up
- An option to display your avatar’s name in the viewer’s title bar has been added to Preferences > General > Miscellaneous (via Kokua (?))
- An option to set teleport action when clicking on the Mini-map has been added to Preferences > Move & View
Other Updates and Changes
This release of UKanDo also features the following updates and changes from various sources and the UKanDo team:
- The viewer now uses the Catznip multi-user log-in in drop-down code
- Options for raising Abuse Reports have been added to the various chat context menus
- The text entry widget’s background colour will change according to chat type (via Kokua (?))
- The Avatar height offset slider (from the Restrained Love Viewer) has been removed, together with all associated code
- The viewer logo and version number has been added to progress screens (e.g. teleport progress)
- The region restart countdown displays in minutes and seconds rather than just seconds
- Inventory folder icons have been updated
- Various tweaks to buttons / icons on the Nostalgia skin.
A comprehensive set of code merges from the Lab’s repositories brings UKanDo back up to parity with the SL viewer, while the nips and tucks offered by the development team and from other TPV sources serve to further enhance the viewer.