There are just six days to go before applications to be a part of the SL11B Community Celebrations close at midday SLT, Tuesday May 20th.
The organising team have been thrilled with the response so far, but are urging anyone wishing to take part in this year’s celebrations, and who has not already submitted an application to do so sooner rather than later. After all, you don’t want to go and put it off until tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow – and suddenly find it’s the 21st!
the application forms only take a couple of minutes to fill-out, and you can find them as follows:
- Performers (for any of the event’s main stages) should apply here
- Speakers and performance artists wishing to use the auditorium should apply here
- Volunteers ready, will and able to help keep SL11BCC ticking along should apply here (training will be given!)
- Exhibitors seeking a parcel of land on one of the 11 regions should apply here.
An Important Note to Exhibitors
All exhibition space applications must conform to the SLB Exhibitor Policies, which should be read prior to submitting an application, as they do contain important information.
When completing your Exhibitor Application, please keep foremost in your mind that the SL11B Community Celebration is a non-commercial event intended to showcase the best ideas, creativity, content and craftsmanship that the SL community has to offer. As such, applications which suggest an exhibit is little more than advertising space for a business or an organisation or a group, etc, and lacks any real attempt to fit with the event theme or match its celebratory nature, might be rejected.
This does not mean that if you have a business, or organisation or group you cannot apply for exhibitor space. Rather it means that:
- You can apply, and use your brand name, etc., so long as there is more to your exhibit than just your brand name
- You can give out gifts, landmarks, information and have group subscribers within your exhibit again, as long as there are not just what you exhibit has alongside your brand name
- You can integrate your brand or product(s) into a build, so long as the build is focused on the SL11BCC theme or celebrating SL 11th anniversary, and not solely about product promotion. Think of things that make people engage and not just look – interactive pieces, games, puzzles, exhibits which tell a story, etc.
- You cannot sell goods or services or use your exhibit space simply as a product catalogue showing off your goods or services.
To help understand what might or might not be acceptable with exhibitor applications, a short video has been produced, which underlines the above points and provides some examples of things you might want to consider when applying.
If you have already applied for exhibitor space, but feel your application may not meet the criteria the organisers are seeking, you can reapply. Just make sure your new application is entered before the closing deadline of midday SLT, Tuesday May 20th.