On Tuesday February 4th, Linden Lab released the new Server-side Appearance (SSA) / Advanced Inventory System (AIS v3) Sunshine project viewer – version 188.8.131.525190.
The SSA updates in this viewer primarily comprise:
- Stability and performance improvements for SSA: retry logic, removal of redundant requests, detecting various appearance stuck conditions
- Code cleanup with the removal of a lot of code related to the old client-side baking framework
- Bug fixes, mostly appearance-related.
The AIS v3 updates require server-side updates to be deployed as well in order to be used. Once this has been done, users should note improved the reliability of outfit changes, including speed of changes and a further reduction in the failure rate experienced when changing outfits.
There is no current release date for the server-side support for AIS v3, and there will likely be further testing prior to a deployment being made; the Lab has actually been waiting for more TPVs to produce test viewers with the AIS code in order for this to happen. Hopefully, with the code now in a project viewer, more TPVs will be in a position to build test viewers for this purpose.
However, anyone wishing to specifically test the AIS v3 code, particularly if they have been experiencing outfit change issues, might want to try the project viewer on the four SunshineTest regions on Aditi.
- Sunshine project viewer download and release notes
- Sunshine test regions on Aditi (SLurl) – note this is the beta grid)