This summary is published every Monday and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as adhering to the TPV Policy
- By its nature, this summary will always be in arrears
- The Viewer Round-up Page is updated as soon as I’m aware of any releases / changes to viewers & clients, and should be referred to for more up-to-date information as the week progresses
- The Viewer Round-up Page also includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
Updates for the week ending: April 28th, 2013
- SL Viewer updates:
- Beta viewer released version 126.96.36.1994588 on April 24th – core update: server-side baking / appearance (release notes)
- Development viewer released version 188.8.131.524478 on April 23rd and then 184.108.40.2064629 on April 24th
- Materials processing: project viewer updated April 14th – 220.127.116.114847 – alpha release, release notes
- Firestorm updated to 18.104.22.168270 on April 22nd – release notes – my review
- Kirstens Viewer S19 updated to S22.214.171.124 on April 26th – note this is an unsupported update – my overview
- Kokua updated to 126.96.36.199984 on April 24 – blog notes – Kokua also listed on the SL Third-Party Viewer Directory as of April 24th
- Niran’s Viewer released 188.8.131.5292 (Alpha) on April 24th and then 184.108.40.20692 (Alpha) on April 28th – core updates: server-side baking/appearance – release notes
- Cool VL updated on April 28th to:
- Stable version: 220.127.116.11
- Legacy version (v2.6 renderer): 18.104.22.168
- Experimental version: 22.214.171.124
- Release notes
- Imprudence released 126.96.36.199 epx 0 on 23rd April download link & release notes
- Phoenix – Development and support officially ended December 31st, 2012
- Zen – Development and support officially ended January 27th, 2013.
4 thoughts on “Viewer release summary 2013: week 17”
Any news regarding the fact that no matter what SSB compatible viewer one uses, when changing outfits, the clothing lawyers only show on the avatar after a relog?
This isn’t something I’ver personally enocuntered on Firestorm 4.4.0, Cool VL viewer, Singularity or the SL beta viewer (I’ve only used Niran’s SSB/A alpha viewer on Aditi with SSB-enabled regions, so have no idea how it performs on Agni). Nor have I heard of similar issues, so can’t point you in any particular direction.
Well, can assure yolu, its not only my problem and most that got the ssb versions are reverting to non ssb ones as nobody that uses ssb viewers can see the change on their outfits unless after a relog or waiting more then 10 minutes!
Reverted back to a pre ssb viewer and all works perfectly!
There has been no JIRA (SUN-prefix) recorded on the matter that I can find, and nothing has been mentioned at any of the Linden User Group meetings about this issue, nor do I recall it arising at any of the load tests.
If you (and others) are encountering the issue, and you can reproduce it consistently, I would suggest that you file a JIRA (Bug report) on the matter, specifying that it is SSB/A-related. In doing so, make sure that a) you include a copy of the HELP > ABOUT floater in your viewer (most have a “Copy to Clipboard” option to do this), and b) that you specify the exact conditions under which the problem occurred and how it can be reproduced.
Comments are closed.