The 2018 OpenSimulator Community Conference (OSCC) will take place on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th December 2018.
An annual conference that focuses on the developer and user community creating the OpenSimulator software. Organised as a joint production by Core Developers of OpenSimulator and AvaCon, Inc., with major sponsors including the University of California, Irvine, Institute for Virtual Environments and Computer Games and the Rockcliffe University Consortium.
Call for Proposals
The Conference for 2018 will feature a series of dynamic short presentations and panels that spotlight the best of the OpenSimulator platform and community, and a Call for Proposals has been issued to individuals or groups who are shaping the Metaverse.
The speaker sessions offer 20-minute presentations to engage the mind while the community-sponsored tours, and on the Expo regions, content give-aways and Hypergrid explorations take attendees to faraway places. We are particularly interested in speakers who dramatically tell the story of their work and employ great 3D examples as props and graphics. In particular, the organisers encourage presentations that span current innovations and activities, performance artistry, educational simulations, innovative business cases or have a publication or track record of real world use.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- October 22nd, 2018 – Proposals are due by 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time).
- October 29th, 2018 – Proposal acceptance emails and with conference information.
- November 3rd, 2018 – Accepted speakers must register for the conference to create an entry in the conference schedule and the program.
- November 10th, 2018 – Speaker Orientation & Training sessions and Presenter Booth Setup to prepare speakers for the conference.
- November 17th, 2018 – Deadline for stage props and audio-visuals (beyond textures) for conference program.
- December 8-9th, 2018 – OSCC18 Conference dates.
The conference needs volunteers to help in a range of activities:
- Greeters / audience assistances
- Social Media / Communications
- Streaming and Technical Support
Those interested in volunteering can do so via the Volunteer Sign-up form, Depending upon interests, volunteers can select more than one role if they wish.
About the Conference
The OpenSimulator Community Conference is an annual conference that focuses on the developer and user community creating the OpenSimulator software. The conference is a joint production by Core Developers of OpenSimulator and AvaCon, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the growth, enhancement, and development of the metaverse, virtual worlds, augmented reality, and 3D immersive and virtual spaces. The conference features a day of presentations, panels, keynote sessions, and social events across diverse sectors of the OpenSimulator user base.