Updates for the week ending Sunday, December 13th
This summary is published every Monday, and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Current Viewer Releases Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware), and which are recognised as adhering to the TPV Policy. This page includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog
- By its nature, this summary presented here will always be in arrears, please refer to the Current Viewer Release Page for more up-to-date information.
Official LL Viewers
- Current Release version: 184.108.40.2065981, October 26 – no change download page, release notes
- Release channel cohorts (See my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project viewers:
- No updates.
LL Viewer Resources
- SL Alternate Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer Source Repositories wiki page – LL
- Test Builds wiki page – LL
- Supported Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer updates and reviews on this blog
- Black Dragon updated to version 220.127.116.11 on December 14th – core updates: crash fixes; corrections to Avatar Complexity code to prevent incorrect rendering of avatars; overhaul of the Places floater (release notes)
- Cool VL Viewer updated as follows: Stable version to 18.104.22.168 and Experimental branch to 22.214.171.124, both on December 12th (release notes).
Mobile / Other Clients
- Pocket Metaverse no longer available (?)