Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (MSABC) in SL is underway, and run through until the end of October. With activates taking place across the grid, and kiosks available in stores ,clubs and venues to allow people to donate to the cause, and the I Feel, You Feel hunt underway, The MSABC in SL committee want to get people in a pink mood through the first week of October, with Think Pink Week.
“From October 1 to 8, 2014 avatars in Second Life will spread the message of pink throughout the grid, in order to raise awareness about breast cancer,” the MSABC chair, Jessii2009 Warrhol states in a press release about the week’s activities. “During this special week we will have fun themes, events, and contests to make you think pink! Below is a schedule of committee ran events and contests.”
The week will be marked with events taking place each day from Wednesday October 1st through until Wednesday October 8th inclusive, and everyone is invited to participate.
- Wednesday, October 1st, 2014: Pink Ribbon Day – show your support for breast cancer awareness by wearing a pink ribbon throughout the day in Second Life
- Thursday, October 2nd, 2014: Pink Shoe Day – help stomp out cancer by wearing pink shoes, boots, flip-flops, or pink feet!
- Friday, October 3rd, 2014: Pink Denim Day – in the physical world, the American Cancer Society in association with Lee Jeans runs National Denim Day, with Lee Jeans donating US$5.00 every sale to the American Cancer Society. In SL, the MSABC team ask that you wear denim attire and/or buy the special par of mesh jeans for only L$5,00 each at the MSABC kiosk on the American Cancer Society island
- Saturday, October 4th, 2014: Pink Your Parcel Day – turn your house, grass, and trees pink! Send us a photo and enter the special Pink Your Parcel photo contest. (Please see the note card available at the MSABC in SL kiosk on the American Cancer Society island for information on submit contest photos)
- Sunday, October 5th, 2014: Pink Spirit Day – drop-in at the American Cancer Society Island for a day long party with live DJs and music
- Monday, October 6th, 2014: Mission Pink – learn about the Making Strides mission and help us spread the word of Strides throughout Second Life, by placing your mission posters (available from the MSABC in SL kiosk on the American Cancer Society island) at your SL home or business
- Tuesday, October 7th, 2014: Pink Swag Day – put on your best pink attire and show off your pink swag throughout the day. Go entirely pink and enter the Pink Swag Day photo contest!
- Wednesday, October 8th, 2014: Pink Honor & Remembrance Day – as Think Pink Week ends, it is time to honour and remember those who have lost their fight against breast cancer. Honour a loved one by place the special pink ribbon at your Second Life home or business. Enter a special dedication to a loved one to be displayed on the MSABC in SL website.
Why Not Run Your Own Think Pink Event?
Clubs, shops, groups and venues across SL are invited to run their own Think Pink Week event. It doesn’t have to run for the whole week or even a whole day – as long as it meets the aims of MSABC in SL in raising awareness about breast cancers (and helps raise funds for the American Cancer Society!).
Simply pick-up a fundraising toolkit from the MSABC kiosk, make sure your event meets the MSABC in SL fundraising guidelines and then pass on details of the event to the MSABC team through the events submissions page on the website. They’ll then promote it through the official MSABC social media sites and on the Strides Fundraising Event Boards in Second Life.
About Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer or MSABC is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the United States, uniting more than 300 communities across the country. Every breast cancer walk run during the MSABC’s season is seen as an incredible and inspiring opportunity to honour those who have battled breast cancer, raise awareness on how the risk of breast cancer can be reduced, and to raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with research, information, services and access to mammograms for women who need them.
4 thoughts on “MSABC: are you ready for Think Pink week?”
Comments are closed.