The Relay For Life of SL website is bringing forth news on events planned for 2013. As with previous years, activities will be held across the grid in the months and weeks ahead of the Relay for Life weekend in July, and will also follow-on from the weekend through until the end of the year.
As always, there are a wide range of events and activities being planned – some of them directly by the RFL of SL core team, others by the many RFL of SL support teams across the grid and more still by individuals and groups who routinely support RFL, or who wish to show support for RFL by holding events of their own.
Here are some of the forthcoming activities – please make sure you visit the RFL of SL website to keep fully informed of events, activities and other news.
- Sunday 27 January, 15:30 SLT: Relay Rap – details tba
- Saturday 9th: Official launch of the fundraising season, which will include live music, presentation of the 2013 RFL season timeline and more
- Saturday 9th through Monday 18th: Fashion for Life, featuring everything about fashion in SL – coordinator: Frolic Mills
- Saturday 20th through Sunday 28th: Fantasy Faire 2013 – the best in SL fantasy presented across beautifully themed sims and a highlight of the SL year
- Friday 17th through Monday 27th: SL Home and Garden Expo 2013: The largest Home & Garden Event of its kind benefitting RFL
- Saturday 18th – Sunday 19th: The Half-way There Fair: an opportunity for teams and committee and supporters to come together and share in a wide range of activities including live music, rides, games and the International Relay Festival
- Saturday 13th – Sunday 14th: Relay Weekend: The largest fundraising event held within virtual worlds. A 40+ region event featuring relays around the track, with entertainment and more. An opportunity to celebrate with those who have survived cancer, add support in the fight against cancer and join in remembrance of those family and friends we have lost to cancer.
- The Wrap-up Party (dates tba): A time to come together and celebrate the success of the year, with awards given to teams and participants and hear news about the next RFL season.
As well as this events, there will be others held throughout the year in support of RFL, including a wide range of RFL Team Events. So again, keep your eyes on the RFL website for news and updates.
Participating in RFL of SL
Those wishing to form a team and participate directly in RFL of SL events, including the Relay Weekend, will be able to register a team from Friday February 8th, 2013, when the registration form will open on the RFL of SL website.