Updates for the week ending Sunday, December 20th
This summary is published every Monday, and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Current Viewer Releases Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware), and which are recognised as adhering to the TPV Policy. This page includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog
- By its nature, this summary presented here will always be in arrears, please refer to the Current Viewer Release Page for more up-to-date information.
Official LL Viewers
- Current Release version: 184.108.40.2069247, December 17th – formerly the Chromium Embedded Framework RC viewer download page, release notes
- Release channel cohorts (See my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- No updates
- Project viewers:
- Project Bento viewer version 220.127.116.119171 released on December 17 – introduces extensions to the standard SL Avatar Skeleton with support for dozens of new bones for both rigging and animation, and accompanying new attachment points (download and release notes).
LL Viewer Resources
- SL Alternate Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer Source Repositories wiki page – LL
- Test Builds wiki page – LL
- Supported Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer updates and reviews on this blog
- UKanDo viewer updates to version 4.0.0 on Friday, December 18th – core update: parity with the Lab’s 4.0.0 CEF code and RLV 2.9.15 (release notes)
- Cool VL Viewer updated as follows: Stable version to 18.104.22.168 and Experimental branch to 22.214.171.124, both on December 19th (release notes).
Mobile / Other Clients
- Group Tools updated to version 126.96.36.199 on December 12th – no release notes available