Server Deployments for Week #38
As always, please refer to the server release thread for updates and the latest news.
- There was no deployment / restart on the Main (SLS) channel on Tuesday, September 18th, leaving that channel running on 17#17.09.01.508236.
- On Wednesday, September 19th, the RC channels should be updated as follows:
- BlueSteel and LeTigre should receive a new server maintenance package, 17#17.09.14.508549, comprising improvements to address some problems that could degrade simulator performance in rare cases.
- Magnum should receive a new server maintenance package, 17#17.09.14.508533, containing a fix for BUG-100505 “llGetEnv (“agent_limit”) is returning an empty string in Magnum, LeTigre and Blue Steel regions.”
Commenting on the RC releases at the Simulator User Group meeting on Tuesday, September 19th, Simon Linden said:
[we] have two very similar RCs out tomorrow, the later version just has one extra bug fix in it … which will either be really good or bad … we’ll see 🙂 … it involves an underlying library update … usually that’s all good [but] sometimes subtle changes cause all sorts of breakage. So far it looks good to us … but that’s what shipping updates is all about, I guess.
On a positive note, with these updates and some still in the pipeline, I think we’re making good progress against some of the bigger crash issues we recently had with system outages.
On Tuesday, September 19th, the Maintenance RC updated to version 18.104.22.1689065. The rest of the viewer pipeline remains unchanged from the end of week #37:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1248060, dated August 9, promoted August 23rd – formerly the Maintenance RC
- Release channel cohorts:
- Wolfpack RC viewer,version 126.96.36.1998990, dated September 12th – this viewer is functionally identical to the release viewer, but includes additional back-end logging “to help catch some squirrelly issues”
- Alex Ivy 64-bit viewer, version 188.8.131.528209, dated September 5th
- Voice RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2068552, dated September 1st
- Project viewers:
- Obsolete platform viewer version 220.127.116.110847, dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7. This viewer will remain available for as long as reasonable, but will not be updated with new features or bug fixes.
AO / Animation Priorities
Over the past 3 weeks or so, some people have noticed changes to apparent AO / animation behaviours which appear to mimic priority conflicts. A typical example is someone sitting on an AVSitter item and finding after a few seconds that there AO suddenly overrides the sitter’s animation, forcing them to disable their AO where previously they did not, or someone joining a dance HUD / system and finding their AO overrides the dance animation, causing them to stand, again forcing them to turn off their AO, where previously the two played together nicely.
The problem seems to be more common with those wearing AO HUDs. In most cases I’ve heard about, there has been a claim of no user change to the AO system (i.e. using a new or updated AO) or in the furniture or dance system animations / scripts.
It has been suggested that a fix for BUG-11501 might be responsible, although there seems to be some confusion over the status of the fix for this bug.