The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting.
Please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest news and updates.
- Tuesday, March 2nd saw a rolling restart of servers on the SLS Main channel as a refresh, but no deployment.
- Wednesday, March 3rd should, if the notes are comments have been understood, see the following:
- Server update 2021-02-17.556138 will be deployed to the Oranges RC channel (formerly part of the BlueSteel channel said).
- “A couple more region tests” (per Rider Linden) planned for LeTigra and Magnum.
- In addition, a fourth mini-RC channel, called Ferrari has been set-up.
Restarts are described as still having the kinks worked out within the new environment.
On Tuesday, March 2nd, the Simple Cache project viewer, version 126.96.36.1996088, dated February 22nd 2021, was promoted to de facto release viewer. Release viewer rolled back to version 188.8.131.525567 (Jelly Doll improvements) originally promoted February 17th.
The rest of the current pipelines remain as:
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- “Good progress” continues to be made on fixing the Map tile update issue, including the map stitching when zooming out (which was seen as the last problem to be resolved), but there is still no date as to when a fix may be deployed.
- An extensive discussion took place regarding a delay in scripts starting in rezzed objects which can be variable for reasons unknown – other than the fact the delay seems to be minimal when a region has been recently restarted, but grows in time to 2-3 seconds the longer the region is up. However, the delay does not appear to relate to the usage of the region or its complexity (scripted objects within it).
- Some appear to believe the delay is related to changes made in 2019 to try to improve script performance in general (and thus can be “easily fixed”).
- Others have suggested the issue could be the result of some for of throttle being triggered.
- The problem is having something of a “knock-on” effect in that some users have taken to pre-rezzing items and having them in an alpha / transparent mode around their avatar until needed – which is impacting region performance further.