The following notes were taken from the Tuesday, January 5th, 2021 Simulator User Group (SUG) meeting.
There were no planned deployments for 2021 week #1. It is hoped that the deployment schedule will resume in week #2, depending on their run through QA.
There have been no changes to the current crop of official viewers, leaving them as:
- Current release viewer version 18.104.22.1681711, formerly Cachaça Maintenance RC viewer promoted on November 12 – No Change.
- Release Channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Simple Cache project viewer, version 22.214.171.1241403, issued on November 12.
- Project Jelly project viewer (Jellydoll updates), version 126.96.36.1992224, December 4.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 188.8.131.520519, October 26.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 184.108.40.2063365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 220.127.116.112999, November 22, 2019.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1689111, July 16, 2019.
It is believed that the end-of-year experience keys issue (the XP_STORAGE_EXCEPTION problem, see my 2020 #week #52 update and BUG-229892) has been resolved. However it has been noted that some user may still be experiencing “lingering performance issues” with experience keys. Those experience any experience key issues are asked to contact Support.
Issues and Rumours
There were some issues experienced over the weekend, with users reporting an inability to rez and / or their avatars remaining as a cloud, and poor attached scripts performance. Rumours circulated about the issue being due to a “server” fire, and some reports appeared to have been exaggerated (e.g. the issuing being open on Grid Status for “several hours”, when in fact it was reported as resolved some 45 minutes are initially appearing). Whilst not going in to specifics, Oz Linden noted that while there were issues, in terms of the circulating rumours, he noted:
It was much much less dramatic and interesting than that.
Map tiles are still not being regularity updated, however the Lab both identified the cause of the issue and a possible fix. Progress is being made on the fix, however, it appears that it is taking time due to the Map code not having been touched in a good while.
General Post-Uplift Issues
While the core work of transitioning all SL services to AWS systems has been completed, there are still some niggling problems that are being dealt with – such as with the Map tiles (above) and on-going issues with things like the official viewer Splash screen updating, the land store, etc. The Lab is addressing these as they can.