The following notes were taken from the September 15th Simulator User Group meeting.
Please refer to the server deployment thread for news and updates.
- There was no deployment to the grid’s main SLS channel on Tuesday, September 15th, 2020, leaving the simulators running on release 547626.
- On Wednesday, September 16th some – or all – of the simulator on the RCs channel should be updated to simulator maintenance release 548903, containing updates related to the cloud uplift work which contain no user-visible updates.
There have been no viewer updates to mark the start of week #38. This leaves the current pipelines as follows:
- Current release viewer version 18.104.22.1686539, dated August 11, promoted August 17, formerly the Arrack Maintenance RC viewer – No Change.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Project Jelly project viewer (Jellydoll updates), version 22.214.171.1247487, issued August 26.
- Custom Key Mappings project viewer, version 126.96.36.1994079, June 30.
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 188.8.131.523365, December 9, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 184.108.40.2062999, November 22, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 220.127.116.110836, September 17, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 18.104.22.1689111, July 16, 2019.
As the Lab has announced, and I’ve reported – see Play Linden Realms in the cloud and help the Lab –, the Linden Realms have been cloned to Aditi and are running on AWS servers. Interested users are asked to help in testing the regions by logging-in to Aditi and spending time playing the game. Follow the links above to find out more.
LSL HTTP Changes
As a part of the move to AWS services, there will be changes to the use of HTTP once cloud-hosted simulator come into use. It is Linden Lab’s hope that these changes will not cause significant issues, however, in order to provide scripters with as much information as possible, Oz Linden posted a forum update providing an outline of the areas of impact: llHTTPRequest – Outbound HTTP and lRequestURL or llRequestSecureURL.
A number of regions on Aditi have been set-up to allow for testing, comprising:
- Cloud Sandbox 1
- Cloud Sandbox 2
- Cloud Sandbox 3
- Cloud Sandbox 4
Further information and the continuing discussion can be found within the forum thread.
People continue to experience issues with group chat disconnecting / failing following a transition to a different region via vehicle or teleport (see BUG-229219). As per last week’s update, there is a potential fix for this issue in the works, but whether or not it solves all of the issues currently being experienced or not is an unknown until it is actually deployed.