The following notes are taken from the TPV Developer meeting held on Friday, May 15, 2020. These meetings are generally held every other week, unless otherwise noted in any given summary. The embedded video is provided to Pantera – my thanks to her for recording and providing it. Time stamps are included with the notes will open the video at the point(s) where a specific topic is discussed.
This was a very short meeting!
SL Viewer News
- The Mesh Uploader project viewer, version 184.108.40.2061645, was issued on May 15th. This both offers a number of fixes to uploader issues, as per the release notes, and incorporates improvements to the uploader layout, etc., as first seen in Firestorm and contributed to Linden Lab.
The remainder of the official views currently in progress remain as follows:
- Current Release version version 220.127.116.110593, dated April 27th, promoted May 4th. Formerly the Zirbenz Maintenance RC viewer.
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Copy / Paste viewer, version 18.104.22.1683365, December 9th, 2019.
- Project Muscadine (Animesh follow-on) project viewer, version 22.214.171.1242999, November 22nd, 2019.
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1990836, September 17th, 2019. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- 360 Snapshot project viewer, version 188.8.131.529111, July 16th, 2019.
General Viewer Notes
- The Camera Presets viewer is in relatively good shape for promotion to de facto release status in week #21 (commencing Monday, May 18th).
- The Love Me Render RC viewer is currently experiencing issues in merging with the EEP viewer code base, so is unlikely to be in a position to be promoted.
- The FMOD RC viewer should offer a fix to one of the most common viewer crashes related to audio.
- The Build Tools viewer still has some issues awaiting fixing before it sees the light of day..
- Additional CEF updates are also in the works that will expand on the current CEF Special RC viewer.
New Simulator Chat Range Capability
A new ability is being developed to allow region / estate owners / managers to set chat ranges.
- This will require viewer-side UI support, which has yet to be completed.
- The range set for a region will be reported to the viewer by the simulator as a part of the region information.
- The server-side support will be appearing real soon now™.
- [4:43-5:09] The RC deployment for Wednesday, May 20th should see a fix for Group notices all showing the same time stamp deployed across two of the RC channels.
- [7:45-7:57] The fix for the issue off-line inventory losses from objects (see: BUG-227179 “All offline inventory offers from scripted objects are STILL lost”) should be deployed (hopefully!) in the RC deployments of Wednesday, May 27th.
- [9:12-11:00] The question was asked if LL would skip using Visual Studio 2017 in he viewer build process and go directly to VS 2019.
- The answer was no, not this close to deploying working viewers using the updated build process, but a project to update to VS 2019 will be started “at some point”.
- This work should in theory be a lot easier, thanks to the effort up into updating the additional viewer build libraries as a part of this update.
- This build process is currently using XCode 11.3.1 for OS X, but this may change depending on the frequency of updates from Apple.