There are no planned deployments for week #24, leaving the SLS (Main) channel and the primary RC channels (LeTigre, Magnum and BlueSteel) on server maintenance package 19#19.05.17.527341.
On Monday, June 10th, the Lover Me Render and Bakes on Mesh viewer updated as follows:
- Love Me Render viewer updated to version 220.127.116.117826.
- Bakes on Mesh RC viewer updated to version 18.104.22.1687701.
The 360-snapshot project viewer appears to have been temporarily withdrawn. The remaining LL viewers in the pipeline remain as:
- Current Release version 22.214.171.1247338, formerly the Teranino RC viewer, promoted May 22nd – No Change.
- Project viewers:
- Legacy Profiles viewer, version 126.96.36.1997749, released on June 5th. Covers the re-integration of Viewer Profiles.
- Linux Spur viewer, version 188.8.131.529906, dated November 17th, 2017 and promoted to release status 29th November 2017 – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 184.108.40.2060847, May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Script Processing Issues
As I’ve recently reported, there have been numerous reports of script run time issues. See BUG-226851 and BUG-227099 as examples. These continue to be felt across the grid, and the Lab is continuing to investigate, with Rider Linden noting:
We’re looking into a couple of things that we think will help. But we don’t have anything to report yet.
Oz Linden added:
We’re also doing things to get a more global picture, and to allow us to accurately measure how any new simulator compares to existing ones on this and some other metrics.
- There should be two new simulator updates going to the RC channels in week #25 (commencing Monday, June 17th), and these should have fixes for the EEP bugs being seen today.
- Simon Linden has been continuing to work on teleport issues, and indicated that there may be a further group test of updated coded on Aditi following the Server Beta User Group meeting (held Thursdays at 15:00 SLT).
- General points of discussion: these following is a short list of more general items discussed at the meeting, many of which are likely generally known:
- Empty regions will not go into idle mode if they can be seen from other regions with avatars; nor should they switch to idle mode if they only have registered agents in them. Finally, the switch between a region being at idle and running at full speed is “very quick”.
- Regions able to idle can offer a measurable boost in performance for other regions on the same host server.
- As is often pointed out in these pages and elsewhere: viewer performance can be improved by managing things like your draw distance and viewer bandwidth setting (see the Firestorm guidelines for bandwidth settings – these apply equally to all viewers).
- User of the 64-bit version of Firestorm can optionally set the viewer to clamp the maximum resolution of all textures to 512×512 (this is automatically clamped in the 32-bit version of Firestorm), reducing the amount of memory used by textures. See Preferences > Graphics > Rendering > Restrict Maximum Texture Resolution to 512 px.