The majority of the following notes are taken from the Content Creation User Group (CCUG) meeting, held on Thursday, February 21st, 2019 at 13:00 SLT. These meetings are chaired by Vir Linden, and agenda notes, meeting SLurl, etc, are usually available on the Content Creation User Group wiki page.
SL Viewer Updates
- The BugSplat RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1244670, was promoted to de facto release status on Thursday, February 28th.
- The EEP viewer was promoted to RC status with the release of version 126.96.36.1994683 on Wednesday, February 27th.
No update; Vir is still working on the clean-up following the inventory issues users experienced over the weekend of February 9th /10th.
Bakes on Mesh
Again, no update, other than a back-end Bake Service update is due (presumably to fix the “black skirt issue”. Once this is deployed, it should allow a resumption in progress with the viewer.
This is the project to re-evaluate object and avatar rendering costs to make them more reflective of the actual impact of rendering both. It has been stalled for some time and may remain so for a while.
The overall aim for this work to try to correct some inherent negative incentives for creating optimised content (e.g. with regards to generating LOD models with mesh), and to update the calculations to reflect current resource constraints, rather than basing them on outdated constraints.
- BUG-226427 “Root bone is not centred on avatar”: some content rigged to mRoot may appear broken in Animesh-enabled viewers. This appears to be a variation of an issue initially seen in Bento, and had been thought to have been fixed. Vir has pulled this issue into his current viewer workload.
- Animesh on the Marketplace: it is becoming difficult to locate genuine Animesh within the Marketplace Animated Objects category (which is being used for assorted items). A request has been informally made for a new, more Animesh-focused category / sub-category to be added, although this is more a request for the Web User Group.
- It has also been noted that Animesh is becoming subject to keyword spamming.
- Custom Pivot Points (BUG-37617): this had been awaiting further information, Vir to review.
- Date of Next Meeting: The next CCUG meeting will most likely be in three weeks, on Thursday, March 21st, 2019.