As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for updates.
- There was no SLS (Main) channel deployment on Tuesday, December 4th, leaving that channel on server release 18#18.11.09.521593, previously deployed to the RC channels and comprising internal fixes. However, in keeping with the 14-day restart roll, all SLS regions should have been restarted.
- The main RC channels should all be receiving an update, comprising further internal fixes (see below for more), however the release number was not available at the time of writing.
- It’s not clear if the Snack RC (EEP) will be updated.
Part of the RC update includes the removal of a lot of mesh-related logging that had been required during testing, but has been surplus to requirements. However, as the code was never removed, it resulted in a lot of unnecessary logging as mesh became more popular.
There have been no updates to the official viewers at the start of the week, leaving the current pipelines as follows:
- Current Release version 184.108.40.2060636, dated October 18, promoted November 14. Formerly the Animesh RC viewer – NEW.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Love Me Render RC viewer, version 220.127.116.111759, November 20.
- Spotykach Maintenance RC viewer, version 18.104.22.1681757, November 15.
- Estate Access Management (EAM) RC viewer, version 22.214.171.1240057, September 28.
- BugSplat RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1999462, September 10. This viewer is functionally identical to the current release viewer, but uses BugSplat for crash reporting, rather than the Lab’s own Breakpad based crash reporting tools.
- Project viewers:
- Linux Spur viewer, version 188.8.131.529906, dated November 17, 2017 and promoted to release status 29 November – offered pending a Linux version of the Alex Ivy viewer code.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 184.108.40.2060847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Hover Height Issue
Ever since server release 18#220.127.116.111081 was deployed at the end of October / beginning of November 2018, people have been reporting hover height issue for full mesh avatars of less than “normal” height. Essentially, the issue can leave such avatars floating 0.2 to 0.3 metres off the ground if non-height related changes are made after hover height has been set. See BUG-225893 “Hover height on assets has changed somehow” for more.
Linden Lab is aware of the problem, but a fix has yet to make it to a simulator update.
There is new viewer-side code coming for region crossings. It is intended to limit how far the viewer predicts motion when crossing into another region, with the hope that it should reduce some of the visual rubber-banding. The viewer commit is available, but it has yet to reach a project or RC viewer. It is believed there are a couple of potential issues with the code as provided that could see vehicles slipping sideways along a region crossing if they approach it at an angle. These concerns have been passed back to those working on the code.
Aditi Voice Issues
This has been a problem for some time – unfortunately, there’s no fix in sight as yet.